Ramingining, Galiwin'ku, Gapuwiyak, Milingimbi, Nhulunbuy, Yirrkala, Gunyangara
- We’re one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal healthcare.
- We’re engaging with health issues at a grass roots community level.
- We’re looking for passionate individuals who are ready to help change the future for Aboriginal healthcare.
What we stand for
With eight clinics and growing across East Arnhem Land, we’re providing health care services for over 6,000 Indigenous residents. Our Board of Directors represents communities across the region, ensuring every decision we make helps empower Yolngu people to take control of their lives and direct their own futures.
We’re connected by passion
We share a passion for the rich history of the Yolngu culture and a commitment to ensure that the work we’re doing is instrumental in ensuring self-determination for Indigenous peoples. We’re a people place where going above and beyond is in our nature. We’re not just offering jobs, we’re offering a way to shape Australia’s future. Do you share our passion?
We need you
Miwatj Health are currently seeking passionate General Practitioners to join our organisation. Based in East Arnhem Land across our remote clinics you will be working closely with our Aboriginal workforce which is critical to our clients success. You’ll be committed to finding the best way to communicate with our clients and our team in order to provide great care in sometimes uncertain circumstances.
This position is responsible to provide medical services to the population served by Miwatj Health. This will include the management of acute and chronic conditions and assistance with the delivery and promotion of primary health care.
Core aspects of your role will include:
- Timely intervention in acute medical problems.
- Identification and management of chronic conditions with a multidisciplinary approach.
- Providing health education to Aboriginal Health Practitioners and other members of the clinic and community.
- Participation in health promotion activities, health research and development.
- Improving the standard of primary health care in East Arnhem.
- Advocacy on Public Health issues.
- Promotion of a Quality Improvement approach to health systems issues and problem solving.
Whether working with a remote healthcare provider is in your bucket list, or something that is tried and tested, we’d love for you to reach out. East Arnhem Land offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a community where the richness of Yolngu culture is in the air you breathe.
A competitive base salary of $240k or $280k per annum (dependent on location) plus Super and a comprehensive range of benefits including accommodation (either free or subsidised rental dependent on the location) may be provided with this position.
We are able to offer these positions as permanent full-time or as a job share (part-time, FIFO).
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
In order to deliver on our mission, we know that a collaborative, supportive team is critical. We’re looking for people who are committed to not only growing their capability, but willing to step in and support other team members and clients. Whilst knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is helpful, what will really see you thrive in our communities is an open mind, willingness to be exposed to culture, and curiosity. Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Medical Practitioner’s Specialist GP Registration with AHPRA.
- Extensive experience in General Practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, values and beliefs.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to communicate sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated previous experience in a community or Clinical and Primary Health Care Service.
Please click here to view the full job description.
For more information please contact the Miwatj Health Recruitment Team at: email@example.com and quote reference MHAC374.
Application close date: once the position is filled.
We’re proud to employ over 116 Yolngu employees and we are always looking to increase that number. If you’re Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and interested in this role you are encouraged to apply.