Raypirri Rom Administration Officer - RVaWC - 100908
- We’re one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal healthcare.
- We’re engaging with health issues at a grass roots community level.
- We’re looking for passionate individuals who are ready to help change the future for Aboriginal healthcare.
What we stand for
With eight clinics and growing across East Arnhem Land, we’re providing health care services for over 6,000 Indigenous residents. Our Board of Directors represents communities across the region, ensuring every decision we make helps empower Yolngu people to take control of their lives and direct their own futures.
We’re connected by passion
We share a passion for the rich history of the Yolngu culture and a commitment to ensure that the work we’re doing is instrumental in ensuring self-determination for Indigenous peoples. We’re a people place where going above and beyond is in our nature. We’re not just offering jobs, we’re offering a way to shape Australia’s future. Do you share our passion?
We need you
Miwatj Health are pleased to offer this position as a fixed term full-time opportunity through to 30th June 2022. Based in our Nhulunbuy Office on the Gove Peninsula you will be working closely with our Aboriginal workforce which is critical to our client’s success. You’ll be committed to finding the best way to communicate with our clients and our team in order to provide great care in sometimes uncertain circumstances.
Core aspects of your role will include:
- Assist in the provision of administrative services including vehicle bookings and services, travel arrangements and purchasing and other tasks as directed by the Raypirri Rom Senior Project Officer.
- Assist with Raypirri Rom document control, distribution and creation.
- Assist with data collation, interpretation, recording, and reports as directed by the Senior Project Officer Raypirri Rom and Manager, SEWB using existing data collection systems.
- Receive visitors and guests of Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation.
- Answer telephone in a professional and courteous manner and ensure messages are recorded and passed on to relevant staff members in a timely manner.
- Be involved in team discussions and creating appropriate resources in English and Yolngu Matha to present to communities.
- Contribute to a healthy and safe work environment.
- Undertake other duties as required.
Whether working with a remote healthcare provider is in your bucket list, or something that is tried and tested, we’d love for you to reach out. East Arnhem Land offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a community where the richness of Yolngu culture is in the air you breathe.
A competitive salary of $65,060 - $84,582 per annum (dependent on skills and experience) and a comprehensive range of benefits are provided with this full-time position.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
In order to deliver on our mission, we know that a collaborative, supportive team is critical. We’re looking for people who are committed to not only growing their capability, but willing to step in and support other team members and clients. Whilst knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is helpful, what will really see you thrive in our communities is an open mind, willingness to be exposed to culture, and curiosity. Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Ability to work as part of a team in a cross cultural environment, fostering open communication and continuous learning with a positive and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Commitment to working in a cross cultural environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with computers and Microsoft Office software, particularly Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to deal with suppliers of goods and services for purchases and enquiries.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn and follow instructions.
- Current Australian driver’s license.
- Working With Children card or willing to obtain one.
Please click here to view the full job description.
For more information please contact the Miwatj Health Recruitment Team at: email@example.com and quote reference MHAC481.
This position is based in Gove Peninsula, accommodation or relocation is not included in this role.
Application close date: once the position is filled.
We’re proud to employ over 116 Yolngu employees and we are always looking to increase that number. If you’re Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and interested in this role you are encouraged to apply.