Clinic Driver - Casual Pool
- We’re one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal healthcare.
- We’re engaging with health issues at a grass roots community level.
- We’re looking for passionate individuals who are ready to help change the future for Aboriginal healthcare.
What we stand for
With eight clinics and growing across East Arnhem Land, we’re providing health care services for over 6,000 Indigenous residents. Our Board of Directors represents communities across the region, ensuring every decision we make helps empower Yolngu people to take control of their lives and direct their own futures.
We’re connected by passion
We share a passion for the rich history of the Yolngu culture and a commitment to ensure that the work we’re doing is instrumental in ensuring self-determination for Indigenous people. We’re a people place where going above and beyond is in our nature. We’re not just offering jobs, we’re offering a way to shape Australia’s future. Do you share our passion?
We need you
Miwatj Health is pleased to offer this position as a casual opportunity. Based in our Ramingining Health Centre you will be working closely with our Aboriginal workforce which is critical to our clients success. You’ll be committed to finding the best way to communicate with our clients and our team in order to provide great care in sometimes uncertain circumstances.
Reporting into the Ramingining Health Centre Manager you will assist in the provision of efficient and effective reception and driver support to the Clinic to assist in the smooth running of the Miwatj Health Services.
Core aspects of your role will include:
- Provide transport to and from clinic for clients requiring follow up or those unable to get independent transport in a culturally sensitive manner.
- In collaboration with the clinic staff, co-ordinate transportation of clients to and from clinics, and airport.
- Accurately record all patient transport movements and interactions on electronic patient information System (Communicare).
- Maintain confidential client information.
- Collect/drop off daily mail, pharmacy, laundry, pathology, client medications, stores and other supplies (e.g. kitchen) and equipment needed by the clinic.
Whether working with a remote healthcare provider is in your bucket list, or something that is tried and tested, we’d love for you to reach out. East Arnhem Land offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a community where the richness of Yolngu culture is in the air you breathe.
A competitive hourly salary of $33.89-$40.56 (dependent on skills and experience) plus Super are provided with this casual position.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
In order to deliver on our mission, we know that a collaborative, supportive team is critical. We’re looking for people who are committed to not only growing their capability, but willing to step in and support other team members and clients. Whilst knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is helpful, what will really see you thrive in our communities is an open mind, willingness to be exposed to culture, and curiosity. Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, values and beliefs.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to communicate sensitivity with Aboriginal and Torres Islander people from different cultural backgrounds particularly those residing in remote Aboriginal communities and traditional homelands.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and be sensitive to the needs of clients, staff and external agencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under limited direction either individually or in a team.
- Possession of a current NT driver’s license.
Please click here to view the full job description.
Please note: This position is based in Ramingining, NT - No accommodation or relocation is included in this role.
We encourage Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
For more information please contact the Miwatj Health Recruitment Team at: email@example.com and quote reference MHAC513.
Application close date: once the position is filled.
We’re proud to employ over 116 Yolngu employees and we are always looking to increase that number. If you’re Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and interested in this role you are encouraged to apply.