All Round Reliever / Driver / Receptionist - Casual Pool
Gove Peninsula, NT
- We’re one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal healthcare.
- We’re engaging with health issues at a grass roots community level.
- We’re looking for passionate individuals who are ready to help change the future for Aboriginal healthcare.
What we stand for
With eight clinics and growing across East Arnhem Land, we’re providing health care services for over 6,000 Indigenous residents. Our Board of Directors represents communities across the region, ensuring every decision we make helps empower Yolngu people to take control of their lives and direct their own futures.
We’re connected by passion
We share a passion for the rich history of the Yolngu culture and a commitment to ensure that the work we’re doing is instrumental in ensuring self-determination for Indigenous peoples. We’re a people place where going above and beyond is in our nature. We’re not just offering jobs, we’re offering a way to shape Australia’s future. Do you share our passion?
We need you
Miwatj Health are pleased to offer this position as a casual opportunity. Based in the Gove Peninsula. you will be working closely with our Aboriginal workforce which is critical to our clients success. You’ll be committed to finding the best way to communicate with our clients and our team in order to provide great care in sometimes uncertain circumstances.
You will work in collaboration and report to the Clinic Manager to ensure the management of the office and clinic environment is kept in good order, health and safety requirements are adhered to and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Core aspects of your role will include:
- Open the clinic and prepare for the day.
- Keep a day sheet of all patients attending the Clinic.
- Prepare Medicare and files for patients to see the Doctor.
- Register new patients on Communicare and maintain that system as required for day patients.
- Keep the diary up to date with patient appointments for specialist and recalls.
- Make arrangements with Outreach to drive patients with appointments to the specialist clinic.
- Make all relevant medical appointments for patients..
- Provide transport to and from the clinic, Gove District Hospital and specialist clinic appointments for clients requiring follow up or those unable to get independent transport.
- Accurately record all patient transport movements and interactions on electronic patient information System (Communicare).
- Collect/drop off pharmacy, laundry, pathology, client medications, stores and other supplies and equipment needed by the clinic.
- Clean and maintain the Nhulunbuy Clinic Vehicle as per the Maintenance Policy.
- Contribute to a healthy and safe working environment.
Whether working with a remote healthcare provider is in your bucket list, or something that is tried and tested, we’d love for you to reach out. East Arnhem Land offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a community where the richness of Yolngu culture is in the air you breathe.
A competitive salary of $37.25 - $40.56 / hour (dependent on skills and experience) is available with this casual position.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
In order to deliver on our mission, we know that a collaborative, supportive team is critical. We’re looking for people who are committed to not only growing their capability, but willing to step in and support other team members and clients. Whilst knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is helpful, what will really see you thrive in our communities is an open mind, willingness to be exposed to culture, and curiosity. Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) cultures, values and beliefs, and an understanding of health issues impacting on Aboriginal people in Northern Australia.
- Sound oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work at a satisfactory level unsupervised as well as within a team environment.
- Demonstrated sound skills and experience in the use of computerised systems, with experience in Communicare preferred.
- Sound clerical and organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in working in an environment that has direct contact with clients.
- Possession of a NT Driver license.
Please click here to view the full job description.
This position is based in Gove Peninsula, accommodation and relocation is not included in this role.
For more information please contact the Miwatj Health Recruitment Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote reference MHAC515.
Application close date: once the position is filled.
We’re proud to employ over 116 Yolngu employees and we are always looking to increase that number. If you’re Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and interested in this role you are encouraged to apply.