Community Support Worker - Chronic Kidney Disease
- We’re one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal healthcare.
- We’re engaging with health issues at a grass roots community level.
- We’re looking for passionate individuals who are ready to help change the future for Aboriginal healthcare.
What we stand for
With eight clinics and growing across East Arnhem Land, we’re providing health care services for over 6,000 Indigenous residents. Our Board of Directors represents communities across the region, ensuring every decision we make helps empower Yolngu people to take control of their lives and direct their own futures.
We’re connected by passion
We share a passion for the rich history of the Yolngu culture and a commitment to ensure that the work we’re doing is instrumental in ensuring self-determination for Indigenous peoples. We’re a people place where going above and beyond is in our nature. We’re not just offering jobs, we’re offering a way to shape Australia’s future. Do you share our passion?
We need you
Miwatj Health are pleased to offer this position as a full time – Fixed term basis from the 1st July 2021 through to 30th June 2022. Based in the Galiwin'ku, you will be working closely with our Aboriginal workforce which is critical to our clients success. You’ll be committed to finding the best way to communicate with our clients and our team in order to provide great care in sometimes uncertain circumstances.
Core aspects of your role will include:
- Support patients with kidney disease and their families to attend the clinic for a health check.
- Support clinic staff to engage with patients with kidney disease and their families.
- Provide cultural advice and community awareness to non-Indigenous staff.
- Attend training at Bachelor College and complete any course work as required.
Whether working with a remote healthcare provider is in your bucket list, or something that is tried and tested, we’d love for you to reach out. East Arnhem Land offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a community where the richness of Yolngu culture is in the air you breathe.
A competitive salary of $53,049 - $57,578 PA (dependent on skills and experience) is available with this full time – fixed term position.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
In order to deliver on our mission, we know that a collaborative, supportive team is critical. We’re looking for people who are committed to not only growing their capability, but willing to step in and support other team members and clients. Whilst knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is helpful, what will really see you thrive in our communities is an open mind, willingness to be exposed to culture, and curiosity. Before you reach out and apply, we need you to:
- Identify as a Yolngu Aboriginal person from East Arnhem region
- Current Ochre card and police check.
- Ability to travel to Bachelor College to attend training as required.
- Good oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills and ability to use Microsoft word, outlook and Teams.
Please click here to view the full job description.
Please note: This position is based in Galiwin'ku, accommodation and relocation is not included in this role.
This position has been Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander identified.
For more information please contact the Miwatj Health Recruitment Team at: email@example.com and quote reference MHAC532.
Application close date: once the position is filled.
We’re proud to employ over 116 Yolngu employees and we are always looking to increase that number. If you’re Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and interested in this role you are encouraged to apply.