Clinic Cleaner - Casual
- We’re one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal healthcare.
- We’re engaging with health issues at a grass roots community level.
- We’re looking for passionate individuals who are ready to help change the future for Aboriginal healthcare.
What we stand for
With eight clinics and growing across East Arnhem Land, we’re providing health care services for over 6,000 Indigenous residents. Our Board of Directors represents communities across the region, ensuring every decision we make helps empower Yolngu people to take control of their lives and direct their own futures.
We’re connected by passion
We share a passion for the rich history of the Yolngu culture and a commitment to ensure that the work we’re doing is instrumental in ensuring self-determination for Indigenous peoples. We’re a people place where going above and beyond is in our nature. We’re not just offering jobs, we’re offering a way to shape Australia’s future. Do you share our passion?
We need you
Miwatj Health are pleased to offer this position as a casual opportunity. Based in our Ramingining Health Centre in Ramingining, you will be working closely with our Aboriginal workforce which is critical to our clients success. You’ll be committed to finding the best way to communicate with our team in order to provide great care in sometimes uncertain circumstances.
Core aspects of your role will include:
- Adhere to the daily cleaning schedule published by the Ramingining Health Centre, or other manager where appropriate.
- Store cleaning and associated equipment and products in accordance with accepted WH&S regulation and standards.
- Correctly dispose of clinical waste where appropriate and subject to the relevant policies and procedures.
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities relevant to the responsibilities of this position.
- Other duties as required from time to time and in accordance with the incumbent’s skills, qualifications and experience.
Whether working with a remote healthcare provider is in your bucket list, or something that is tried and tested, we’d love for you to reach out. East Arnhem Land offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a community where the richness of Yolngu culture is in the air you breathe.
A competitive rate of $33.89 - $36.79 per hour (dependent on skills and experience) plus superannuation is available with this casual position.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
In order to deliver on our mission, we know that a collaborative, supportive team is critical. We’re looking for people who are committed to not only growing their capability, but willing to step in and support other team members and clients. Whilst knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is helpful, what will really see you thrive in our communities is an open mind, willingness to be exposed to culture, and curiosity. Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to speak an Aboriginal language from the region and/or knowledge of traditional kinship systems operating in the region.
- Commitment to practice with sensitivity in a cross-cultural environment.
- Previous experience working in a cleaning capacity.
For more information please contact the Miwatj Health Recruitment Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote reference MHAC558
To view a full job description, please click here
Please note: Accommodation or relocation is not included in this role.
Application close date: once the position is filled.
We’re proud to employ over 116 Yolngu employees and we are always looking to increase that number. If you’re Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and interested in this role you are encouraged to apply.