Office Administrator - 100418
- We’re one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal healthcare.
- We’re engaging with health issues at a grass roots community level.
- We’re looking for passionate individuals who are ready to help change the future for Aboriginal healthcare.
What we stand for
With eight clinics and growing across East Arnhem Land, we’re providing health care services for over 6,000 Indigenous residents. Our Board of Directors represents communities across the region, ensuring every decision we make helps empower Yolngu people to take control of their lives and direct their own futures.
We’re connected by passion
We share a passion for the rich history of the Yolngu culture and a commitment to ensure that the work we’re doing is instrumental in ensuring self-determination for Indigenous peoples. We’re a people place where going above and beyond is in our nature. We’re not just offering jobs, we’re offering a way to shape Australia’s future. Do you share our passion?
We need you
Miwatj Health are pleased to offer this position as a full time opportunity. Based in the Miwatj Health Darwin Office, you will be working closely with our Aboriginal workforce which is critical to our clients success. You’ll be committed to finding the best way to communicate with our clients and our team in order to provide great care in sometimes uncertain circumstances.
Core aspects of your role will include:
- Outlook calendar, diary and email management for Director Medical Services and scheduling of appointments.
- Preparation and distribution of meeting agendas and minutes of meetings.
- Preparation and distribution of weekly, monthly and annual reports as required.
- Effective record management and maintenance.
- Under the direction of the Director Medical Services and relevant team members assist in collating information for grant funding applications and submissions including the preparation of documentation as required.
- Preparation of travel and accommodation requisitions.
- Manage the end-to-end induction and on-boarding process of locum Medical services staff.
- Manage the induction of permanent Medical services staff.
- Manage telephone and visitor enquiries in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Contribute to a healthy and safe work environment.
- Other duties as directed by the Director Medical Services as required
Whether working with a remote healthcare provider is in your bucket list, or something that is tried and tested, we’d love for you to reach out. East Arnhem Land offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a community where the richness of Yolngu culture is in the air you breathe.
A competitive salary of $73,681 - $91,917 (dependent on skills and experience) is available with this full time position.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
In order to deliver on our mission, we know that a collaborative, supportive team is critical. We’re looking for people who are committed to not only growing their capability, but willing to step in and support other team members and clients. Whilst knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is helpful, what will really see you thrive in our communities is an open mind, willingness to be exposed to culture, and curiosity. Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a cross cultural environment, fostering open communication and continuous learning with a positive and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience dealing with telephone and visitor enquires in a professional and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with computers and Microsoft Office software, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to deal with suppliers of goods and services for purchases and enquiries.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organise work priorities and the Director Medical Service’s schedule.
- Current Australian driver’s license.
- Current Working with Children Card NT – Or willingness to obtain one.
Please click here to view the full job description.
For more information please contact the Miwatj Health Recruitment Team at: email@example.com and quote reference MHAC566
Application close date: once the position is filled.
We’re proud to employ over 116 Yolngu employees and we are always looking to increase that number. If you’re Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and interested in this role you are encouraged to apply.